Friday, April 27, 2012

One of my first perspective sketches

When I first went to sketching class I couldn't even draw a cube correctly. My teacher, Cory Golab, had the patience of a saint. Now I can draw and render in perspective with confidence :) This is one of my first furniture sketches when perspective was just starting to click for me. There are a few things that are off, like the lines on the right are not straight, and the shadowing could be better but hey for a beginner I don't think it's too bad. This is based on the daybed sold in Ikea stores. The picture on their website shows it angled from the front, but I thought I'd challenge myself and try sketching it from another angle. This was still just a preliminary so you can see all the construction lines underneath, but I still think it looks kind of neat that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment